Monday, April 23, 2007

The first in our summer grillmaster series

Warm weather finally upon New England, I fired up the grill yesterday. But first I sought advice from the grillmaster under whom I apprenticed (you might know him as "Anonymous," which is the name he uses when he comments).

I suggested that he give me a pep talk, like what Bear Bryant might have told the Alabama football team before the start of the season.

The answer was equal parts measured and sage: "Win one for the griller."

I would be remiss if I did not give a shoutout to Bean Stringfellow, Mrs. Stringfellow, Some Guy, and some other guy who doesn't have a N-B handle. Their largess brought me my new grill, and they are always welcome for some or all of the cuts of meat below.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

N-B, you are the funk on all of our grills.

April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, N-B. Bean and I will be over soon to share in your grilling fun. Do you think you could grill some pureed meat for Baby Stringfellow?

April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have no idea what part of that cow I would eat. The middle?? is that a part??

Whatever part goes well with the 4 or 13 beers I would drink.

Today's word: clfzdrm

April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I owe indirect thanks to Anonymous as well, since N-B's grilling prowess was responsible for the flesh served at the first annual Burning of the Gaspeeburgers. (BTW, mark your calendar and don't buy Sox tickets. It's June 9 this year. It will feature a new slather-your-own Twinkie bar this year. Not to be missed!)

April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grill is magic.

April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home