Thursday, November 20, 2008

Give me my smooth back!

We're in the fourth week of Christmas music on some of the radio stations in my area. I don't so much mind the early arrival of Christmas. I've accepted that it is a pivotal front in the culture wars, which I enjoy watching from afar.

What does bother me is that it's WROR (105.7-FM) that has gone all-Christmas, all-the-time. That's because WROR is my smooth music station, bringing me the hits of the late '70s and early '80s sometimes known as Yacht Rock.

I know it's not the case, but I have these visions of the WROR program director standing watch in a gulag while smooth music all stars like Michael McDonald and Peter Cetera sing from darkened jail cells.

Keep the fire, boys, keep the fire.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home