Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Short guys everywhere, rejoice

Boston's Dustin Pedroia has become the first second baseman to win the American League MVP since 1959 and the first midget to do so since its inception in 1931.

Pedroia is listed at 5'9", which probably makes him more like 5'6 or 5'7". When he batted cleanup for five games earlier this year, he went 6-for-18 and had an OPS of 1.889. Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen ordered him intentionally walked and later lamented, "I never thought I was going to walk a goddamn jockey."


I want to say thanks to Pedroia for striking a blow for short guys everywhere. It's enough to give me hope that, even at 5'8" and 175 lbs., I could spike on my volleyball team or homer in softball.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i towered over him at 5'6'' with two-inch heels.

November 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home