Friday, May 08, 2009

Trek is back

Some of the people who read this blog have known me long enough to know I'm a fan of Star Trek. I'm now willing to come out of the geek closet for the rest of you.

I mention this today, of course, because the new Star Trek movie directed by J.J. Abrams opens today.

As a way to mitigate this nerdiness, I offer this short list of famous people who made cameos in my favorite of the Star Trek iterations, The Next Generation.
  • Whoopi Goldberg (I realize this doesn't necessarily help my case)
  • Famke Janssen (as Kamala in the episode "The Perfect Mate")
  • Kelsey Grammar (in 1992's "Cause and Effect)
  • Christian Slater (I swear he was in "Redemption" but IMDB lists him as only appearing in the sixth movie)
  • And finally, the lovable Ashley Judd (twice -- once as Wes Crusher's love interest in "The Game" and also in one of my all-time favorites "Darmok")
See -- if all those famous people like Star Trek enough to appear in the franchise, it can't be solely for nerds, right?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I saw it last night. I recommend it--just don't look directly into Capt. Kirk's eyes: they're pretty dreamy.

May 08, 2009  
Anonymous nate said...

i am off to see it tonight at our local cineplex which i expect to be full of teenagers who for them, this will be their first trek movie.

May 08, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it three times in three days - once in IMAX format. Fantastic film!!!

May 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home