Monday, September 07, 2009

Autumn blues

Now that I've fully enjoyed New England's five weeks of summer, I can start to look forward to the spoils of fall. And with each fall comes a wild card for the Red Sox, fantasy football, and my favorite brew of the year Sam Adams Octoberfest.

It's been available for about two weeks in Boston (and I even spotted it in late August in Reno, Nev., of all places). I've been able to enjoy it a couple times now -- twice out and once yesterday at a Labor Day weekend barbecue.

Oddly, Sam October might be the only beer I find superior in a bottle, as opposed to draught. Draft Octoberfest has an oily feel and an overpowering nose, but in the bottle it's just right.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

What's wrong with an overpowering nose? I've had one for years.

September 07, 2009  
Anonymous nakedmac said...

There's nothing good about Sam products, even in October. I am enjoying a tasty New Belgium (you know, the bicycle beer people) Hoptober. But their brews are quite rare east of the Mississippi. Mmmm fall beer.

September 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home