Friday, November 24, 2006

Humming the Notre Dame fight song

This is the only weekend of the year I can wholeheartedly and unreservedly cheer for Notre Dame, because it is the weekend they play the University of Southern California.

I can only hope tomorrow's game will be as exciting as last year's, but without the goal-line cheating by Matt Leinart to rip the game from the Irish.

And while I'm on sports, a couple of thoughts...

I'll never complain about the Yankees payroll again. The Red Sox are inching toward a deal with World Baseball Classic MVP Daisuke Matsuzaka. They'd better, since they paid $51M simply for the right to talk to him. This was such big news, I heard about it in Italy.

The key was leaving the country. In my two weeks away, I went 2-0 in my fantasy football league, and moved into second place in my pool where we pick games against the spread. I think this shows I over-manage.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Football. Snoozefest.

November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home