Monday, July 16, 2007

Don't hassle the Croc

I'm not even a little bit embarrassed to admit how much I like Crocs, the durable, comfortable and just hideously ugly footwear.

But ("Everyone I know has a big but. C'mon Simone, let's talk about your big but" -- Pee Wee Herman) I don't like them enough to actually wear them in public, because, like most people, I hate to be made fun of. I usually just put on Mrs. N-B's pair when I'm hanging out around the house or in the basement.

This would probably come as welcome news to the crocs detractors, but as sad commentary on the hurdles that remain for the crocs lovers.

But now that I've seen The Decider wearing them out (right), maybe I'll rethink my reservations. If only I could figure out where to get some socks with the presidential seal on them.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cedar said...

Maybe it's 'cause I worked at an environmental non-profit, but I used to have co-workers who would wear crocs to work. One with a pair of super-thick REI wool hiking socks.

July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - which is more embarrassing? wearing your own crocs out of the house or not leaving the house but admitting that you wear mrs. n-b's pair?

i hope they're the bright pink ones. and i hope mrs. n-b surreptitiously gets a picture of you wearing them and sends it to bean and me.

July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things:

A: crocs are awful. if you wear them, I will make fun of you. A lot.

B: Way to link the Albany Times Union for the Croc photo. UPSTATE NY REPRESENT!!

today's word: kdzbt

July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty embarrassed that everyone now knows that:

A. I purchased Crocs (on the mean streets of Portland, Me., because I needed comfy shoes)

B. My feet are as big as Naturalbl0gs.


For the record, Mrs. Stringfellow, they're blue.

July 16, 2007  
Blogger NaturalBlog said...

... and they're spectacular.

July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home