Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Katie Couric assaults co-worker, laughs about it

Third place news anchor Katie Couric tells New York Magazine that she sometimes regrets leaving NBC's Today Show and the sunny side of Rockefeller Center for the deep dark doldrums of the CBS Evening News.

She also tells the magazine that she physically assaulted an innocent CBS news editor, who put the word "sputum" into her news copy without giving her a heads up.
I got mad at him and said, "You can't do this to me. You have to tell me when you're going to use a word like that." I was aggravated, there's no question about that.

I sort of slapped him around.
I gave Couric a shot, but now I'm calling for a boycott.

News producers must have blanket authority to make arbitrary changes to anchors' copy without fear of retribution, even if those changes cause the anchor to stammer and babble. There are few things I feel more strongly about. Boycott Katie.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

Boycott Katie?! Oh, you mean Couric. Yes, of course.

July 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every Katie I've ever known has been disturbingly violent -- whether reading the news or playing field hockey.

July 10, 2007  
Blogger nate said...

what are the things you do feel more passionate about?

July 10, 2007  
Blogger NaturalBlog said...

In answer to Nate's question, here are three.

July 10, 2007  
Blogger Katie Zezima said...

Wait until I get a hold of you, anon. You'd better sleep with one eye open.

July 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about I boycott you, Naturalbl0g?? Take that.

July 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home