Friday, May 30, 2008

What to make of this?

Mrs. N-B and I got our government relief check in the mail this week. It's $1,200 since we're married. Not a bad take for doing nothing.

I can't help but think back to the stimulus check I got at the beginning of the Bush Administration. It was $300 back then, and I used it to pay City of Boston parking tickets.

So now it's $600 apiece. Does that mean things are twice as good as they were in the year 2000 -- or twice as bad? You are the Decider.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's not the cool thing to say these days, but I can honestly look anyone in the eye and say my life is better then it was 7.5 years ago.

I am making more money, I have a solid job, I'm debt free and my world is safe.... I have no complaints.

May 30, 2008  
Blogger Rachel said...

My brother was TOTALLY at the Air Force Academy graduation in Colorado where that picture of Bush was taken. He said it was pretty much the most ridiculous (aka amazing) thing he had ever seen.

June 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home