Thursday, June 25, 2009

These are tears of laughter, Governor


South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford did his best to make this blog the fool, after my post yesterday touting the oft-reported story he disappeared for a five-day hike to clear his head. Turns out he was in Argentina, tending to an extramarital affair.

He apologized yesterday to South Carolinians of faith, as well as regular-old heathen South Carolinians, too. "I spent the last five days of my life crying in Argentina," he said, obviously forgetting the wise words of Eva Peron.

And now, on to the highlight of e-mails he exchanged with his mystery lady, as detailed by the Columbia newspaper, The State.

I'll present it without comment, letting the governor's prose speak for itself.
I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificently gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curves of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of night’s light — but hey, that would be going into the sexual details.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

In the immortal words of the late, great humorist Art Buchwald: "You can't make anything up anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it."

June 25, 2009  
Anonymous KMan said...

Is there a greater euphemism than 'extramarital affair?' His announcement was tough to watch. It seemed genuine, more like a confession than a news conference.

June 25, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

All I can say is, I love your tan lines, Natural Blog ... Too bad this story is now so yesterday what with the triple celebrity death. No one will remember this guy's name by tomorrow.

June 25, 2009  
Blogger Lucie said...

I like that he mentioned the mistress first when naming those he hurt. The kids were second to last. I guess his one great defense is that he is not the first Commander in Chief to go AWOL.

June 26, 2009  
Blogger Sebastian Dangerfield said...

Say what you will, but I spent my honeymoon in Buenos Aires and spent more than a few moments thinking of signing a mistress portena. Damn they have some fine ass women.

June 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home