Friday, July 17, 2009

The mish-mash of my mind

Hers's a few thoughts that came to me while doing whatever it is that I do.

A Harvard economics professor moonlights as a strongman -- y'know, one of those fellas who pulls 18-wheelers with his teeth. The Boston Globe has a story and some video. Worth watching. Funny thing is, this guy's name is Lauren. A dude named Lauren, which explains why he took up weightlifting.

I was folding some laundry this week when what to my wandering ears did appear but a pitch for Mighty Putty Steel. Was the late pitchman Billy Mays speaking to me from beyond the mortal coil? No. Turns out companies are still running ads with him. In fact, they say their sales are up since his death.

And finally, if you're looking for something to do this weekend, beat Sunday's deadline for submitting awesome ideas to the Awesome Foundation, in the hopes of winning a $1,000 grant. "The only criteria being that the person thinks it’s awesome, we think it’s awesome, and it’s an awesome thing to do," organizer Tim Hwang told the Boston Herald.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home