Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Where's the outrage?

This is what passes for ugly these days? Are you kidding me?


Behold Pabst, a boxer-mix shelter dog and the 2009 winner of the World's Ugliest Dog Contest, held each year at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Petaluma, Calif.

Pabst belongs to Miles Egstad, 25, of Citrus Heights, Calif., who said after the win "I don’t think he’s that ugly," begging the question of why he entered him in a contest called the World's Ugliest Dog Contest.

My feelings on this "contest" are clear -- once Sam the Chinese Crested died in 2005, there was no point in continuing the event's once proud pageantry. I mean, just look into Sam's vacant stare, at right. Just a glance would scare Pabst into an overbite.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucie said...

I think I recognize Sam from the Thriller video.

July 01, 2009  
Anonymous foxyroxy said...

This dog needs indentaline .

July 04, 2009  
Anonymous Biff Tannen said...

Long live the legends of Sam and Poppy (click "Biff Tannen" for link)!!! Pabst is the sorriest excuse for ugly in the history of dog contests.

July 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home