Monday, September 21, 2009

How many miles does a runner make?


Those are insoles, which I use to correct my flat feet. The top one is from 1992, when I was 14, around the time I tore my Achilles Tendon. The bottom one is new this year, and rather space-age in comparison.

I mention this because I ran a race Friday and Saturday (12 people, 207 miles) and am debating whether I'd call myself a runner yet. I guess by the strictest definition, I am, but it seems to me that being a runner is more a mindset than a measure of miles.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

Why do you have a grubby shoe insert from when you were 14? Srsly.

September 21, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to say the same thing...

September 21, 2009  
Anonymous Pn said...

hm...probably because one usually takes out a second mortgage to pay for them. Us flat footers have to be sure we've made the most out of our investment, and must officially make sure that we end the era with the same unfaltering support with which we started it.
That or it's just takes a while to realize it's time for new ones.

September 21, 2009  
Blogger NaturalBlog said...

The podiatrist was thrilled to look at my vintage insoles. She said they're essentially indestructable.

The only reason I needed to replace them was that I needed a slightly higher arch in my right foot.

September 22, 2009  
Anonymous Me said...

Good old Titus Plomaritis, JR. M.D.

September 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home