Thursday, October 01, 2009

Deja vu, you are a tantalyzing mistress

I had deja vu a couple times the other day. It was over some real mundane stuff -- a document I was explaining to someone at work, an e-mail I was reading, etc.

It's a simultaneously frustrating and wonderful moment, when your subconscious momentarily clears its throat. I feel like I teeter on the edge of a great precipice of understanding, only to have the promise of something great disappear as soon as I begin to realize it's there.

It's the mental equivalent of finger-cuffs: The harder you try to get there, the more difficult it becomes.

Is it just me, or have I made that joke before

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Biff Tannen said...

LOVE IT

October 01, 2009  
Blogger Cedar said...

I feel the same way about just vaguely remembering a dream that suddenly seems to important.

October 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home