Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Comcast can suck it

The Boston Globe was out last week with its list of the 100 best employers in the region, and it gave first place to Comcast for its generous compensation and friendly managers.

"The underlying principle is simple: Happy employees make happy customers," the paper happily intones.

Let me be the first to call bullshit. Every Comcast worker I've had the misfortune of dealing with was as surly as they were uninterested in helping me. I'm a patient guy, but even I lost it with a customer service rep on the phone.

If Comcast is the No. 1 employer in the region, I can only imagine how bad the bottom tier must be.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous foxyroxy said...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that comcastic isn't fantastic .

November 17, 2009  
Anonymous Kev said...

I had the same reaction. I guess it's all relative. I mean, let's consider the competition. This is like if Hyde Park came out with a list of "Best Places to Eat in Hyde Park" and put Gino's House of Pizza as the #1 for those chichi gourmets who prefer a cheese layer of Jack and mozzarella...

November 17, 2009  
Blogger ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry about the previous experiences with our company. Can you provide more details about your experience? If you need further assistance in the future, let me know. I work for Comcast.

Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

November 17, 2009  
Anonymous Bean Stringfellow said...

Nice try with the Comcast rep comment naturalbl0g...but I'd have been more impressed if you got Belichick to comment yesterday.

November 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home