Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bring it on, Alexey Pazhitnov

I will beat you at Tetris. I don't care how good you think you are; you're mine.

We all have gifts, and mine is as a Tetris player. Unfortunately for me, there aren't many adult jobs that call on the same skills as the video game at which I excel. So I thought outside the box a bit, and came up with this short list.

  • Luggage handler. Somebody's got to load those carts that take baggage from plane to plane. I don't know if this would satisfy my natural curiousity, but I put it on the list anyway.

  • Tile layer. This might be fun briefly, but it would be like a game of Tetris where you get square piece after square piece after square piece.

  • Mover. I'm not so much interested in the heavy lifting and carrying, but moreso in the supervision of the loading of the truck. I don't know if moving companies have such jobs.

  • Dishwasher. Probably the least well-paying of my Tetris jobs, this would require my stunning Tetris acumen to make sure I used every last bit of space in the dishwasher. I do this in my home life, of course, but for pride not pay.

  • Transport plane loader. Let's talk C-130's. 155,000 pounds of weight, stacked in a hull nearly 100 feet long and 40 feet high. Just call me Hercules.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about gazillionairre - stacking all that money into neat rows?

August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish more grocery baggers had Tetris-like skills. Nothing sucks more than coming home from the grocery store with 10 bags for 14 items. Why can't you put the hamburger and the chicken in the *same* bag??

August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home