Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oops. Do over

I'm not proud about what I'm going to do today. I'm going to issue my first ever retraction.

Back in late March -- under the headline "Hostage? More like hot-stage!" -- I wrote that I thought kidnapped reporter Jill Carroll looked pretty good in the propaganda tapes released by her captors. Witness:


But now that Jill's new captors (the Christian Scientists) are forcing her to tell her story in an 11-part series in the Christian Science Monitor, we see how she looks when she hasn't been locked up for weeks:


Yikes. Not-so-hotstage. Is she writing her story, or Alex Haley's? I'm all for bottle-red hair, but at least get a dye job before you go on TV.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The articles which describe Carroll's situation say that the hostage videos were really quite a production. So that might explain the difference - she was probably all made up, and the lighting was just right.

Now it's just the natural look.

August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...as in Natural Born Killers?

August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...as in Natural Born Killers?

August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no you DIDn't, NB!

August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home