Monday, July 30, 2007

My summer vacation

A couple of thoughts about my trip to the great Pacific Northwest.

Dollar coins: Are we ready? Mrs. NaturalBlog and I spent some time in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The visit was conveniently timed to coincide with the weakest the U.S. dollar has been in Canada since the 1970s. Canada uses coins for $1 and $2 increments. I kind of like that idea, even though I hate carrying change. I think I might become an advocate for dollar coins.

VWs. Judging from the number of VW buses still being driven in Washington state, the northwest is where hippies go to die.

Sushi at a ballpark. SafeCo field, the home of the Seattle Mariners, serves sushi, saki and bubble tea. I enjoyed the "Ichiroll Combo." Ichiroll is okay; it's just spicy tuna. Side note, Ichiro bats .000 (0-for-4) on days I eat an Ichiroll.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Dangerfield said...

Did you go to Portland, OR?

July 30, 2007  
Blogger Rachel said...

I personally heart the $2 coins. I love that it's a coin within a coin. On my spring break trip to Montreal during my first year at BU, I was super fascinated by them.

August 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home