Tuesday, September 11, 2007

News Roundup: Awards Shows Edition

Who would've thought I'd ever be rooting for K-Fed? There's a lot of talk among the newsgossip sites I visit about Britney Spears' disastrous Video Music Awards performance. TMZ intones: RIP Britney's Career 1998-2007. I think I would've put the date of death a little earlier. Who cares if she's not as good at lip-synching as she used to be?

Maybe she's not so bad. I have long detested Kathy Griffin, but I might be coming around after her Emmy Award acceptance speech was deemed so offensive it will be censored. "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus," she said. "This award is my god now!" The AP says she also made an "off-color remark about Christ," but I couldn't determine what it was. A little help?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about Britney. Really, who cares? She was a processed studio creation with no talent who can not sing.

September 11, 2007  
Blogger Cedar said...

As half-assed and lazy as her dancing was, I feel bad for Britney. She tried to disappear of the face of the earth, and couldn't.

That being said, if she couldn't pull it together for a three minute dance performance, I think she's cooked.

September 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Britney's fan?? LEAVE BRITNEY SPEARS ALONE RIGHT NOW," He says through tears.

http://gawker.com/news/the-marketplace-of-ideas/emotional-fan-defends-britney-spears-298684.php

September 11, 2007  
Blogger Cedar said...

PS--I believe Kathy Griffin said, "Suck it, Jesus."

September 12, 2007  
Blogger Cedar said...

Cites:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2007/09/11/kathy-griffin-suck-it-jesus

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57586

Notice how only Christian sites are covering this, and not the godless, heathen liberal media, which you think should be celebrating this?

Worldnetdaily is bomb when you want bizarre, alarmist news, like tofu makes you gay.

September 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The folks over at worldnetdaily.com forgot to mention that the terrorists are also after Bobby Brown, so Osama can finally get to (former and possibly current crackhead) Whitney Houston. At least she can sing.

September 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home