Thursday, November 22, 2007

Man Crush: Mike Lowell


I never blame athletes for taking the money. Sure, it hurt when Johnny Damon signed with the Yankees, but who would turn down a raise, especially when that raise is seven figures big?

That's why I was so happy when World Series MVP and part-time offensive lineman (see above) Mike Lowell took a three-year deal worth a reported $37.5 million, instead of a four-year deal worth $13 million, maybe $20 million more somewhere else.

The dude decided he could do without millions of dollars because he liked playing in Boston. I can't say I'd do the same.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe to say...we're all THANKFUL for Mike Lowell.

See what I did there - made a Thanksgiving joke.

jdvfw

November 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home