Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Birthday to me

The NaturalBlog turns two years old today. Hard to believe, I know. Let's take a trip in the wayback machine and see how it all began...


When Blogging Jumped the Shark

Though the jury is still out on whether blogging was ever cool (witness for the prosecution), historians will likely cite November 8, 2005 as the day blogs jumped the shark -- the day I acquiesced to what is probably the most powerful cultural zeitgeist since disco, certainly since the Macarena.

Think of this as a nascent attempt to chronicle the all the times I think I'm being funny, the way the sediment along a riverbank traces the history of that river, the oldest deposits at the bottom, the newest at the top. Perhaps it's not a bad analogy considering blogs appear on your computer deep but not broad.


That's me, the Grand Canyon of funny.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Happy blogday!

November 08, 2007  
Blogger sileru said...

You are much wiser than your two years would typically bring.

A little larger than expected, too.

:)

Happy Birthday!

Bill from Baltim... scratch that, Sacramento.

November 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on turning 2!

D. R. Tucker

November 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years of being funny every day! Congratulations! And they said you couldn't do it. Well, there was that one period a while back..... Looking forward to Monday's entry!

November 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gazing at your navel is enough of a celebration for me. Happy Birthday, NB. For making me laugh each and every entry (and yes, you are funny every day even when not blogging...), I offer my gratitude, respect, and a roll of quarters for tomorrow. Just remember me when you hit the jackpot !

November 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home