Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ugliest Dog Redux

It's become something of an annual tradition on the NaturalBlog. About this time each year, I document the World's Ugliest Dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin fair in California.

I'm pleased to report that the Chinese Crested breed has again resumed its rightful place on the throne of ugly, after a crested-chihuahua mix usurped the honor last year.

But give me the goods already. What does this beast look like?


Ladies and gentleman, I present Gus, of St. Petersburg, Fla. He has just three legs and just one eye.

I guess he's pretty ugly, but I stand by my contention that Gus and all the rest are just pretenders. There is only one ugly dog, the late great Sam.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of seeing a Chinese crested in person (in canine?) a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I saw two, but only one of them was the hairless kind like Sam. When I mentioned to their owner that the only one I'd ever previously seen was the one that was the world champion of ugly dogs, she got very upset, both with me and with Sam's owner for subjecting him to worldwide ridicule. She would never do that sort of thing to her babies, she said. I have to admit, hers seemed to have really great personalities. I guess ugly dogs and fat women have that cliche in common.

June 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poppy rules (click "Biff Tannen" for a link). Sam's pretty good, too though.

June 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home