Friday, June 27, 2008

You are the Decider: Gimmickry Edition

Where better to stage political theater about unity than a place called Unity, N.H.?

Barack Obama and his vanquished competitor Hillary Clinton will share a stage today in Unity, where each drew 107 votes in January's democratic primary. Doesn't that seem like a long time ago?

I don't really have anything to add about the event. I just wanted to say every time I hear the name of the town, I can't help but think of Dave Chapelle's classic Rick James sketch, the one where Chapelle-as-James wears a unity ring.



Watch the video here.

Prescient sidenote: While I'm making fun of it now, I'll be longing for these simple days of Unity rallies when we're neck deep in a race-baiting, ageist campaign this October.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Obama can go have a smoke in Salem. And he and Hillary can have lunch in Sandwich.

June 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home