Thursday, November 27, 2008

Three things I'm thankful for

Happy Thanksgiving, turkeys. Here are three things for which I give thanks this year.

1. The tireless diplomatic efforts of Sean Penn, who is trying to broker a summit between Cuba's Raul Castro and President-Elect Barack Obama. This series of events has only one conclusion: Susan Sarandon as Secretary of Defense.

2. Official Red Sox caskets, which you can get at the Magoun-Biggins Funeral Home in Abington, Mass. As a long-time reader who called this item to my attention said, "Gives new meaning to the term 'die hard fan.'"

3. John Cusack's protrayal of Martin Blank in 1997's Grosse Pointe Blank, which will inspire me when I attend Mrs. N-B's high school reunion tomorrow night. "I am at home with the me, I am rooted in the me who is on this adventure."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucie said...

Hey, America. Who hates you, baby ?! Can't wait to hear the right wing windbags blame Sean Penn for doing a better job at foreign policy than the GOP itself. Talk about filling a vacuum !

November 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is a little late, but...

That guy is either in love with that guy's father or has a newfound respect for life.

December 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops...badly mangled quote...thank god no one besides Mr NB will see it.

The real quote:

He's either in love with that guys daughter or has a newfound respect for life.

Some say forgive and forget, I say, forget about forgiving...and get out of town.

December 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home