Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Curse of Jimmy James

It dawned on me while I was watching The Hebrew Hammer on Comedy Central the other day -- I really dislike what became of all the men who starred in NewsRadio.

Don't get me wrong, I loved that show. I thought it was hilarious. I even used it as inspiration when choosing a career. But it was really a kiss of death for most of the cast, and I'm not just talking about Phil Hartman.

Andy Dick was likable as the show's goofball, but now I can barely stand the sight of the guy. How could someone go from funny to not funny? He almost ruined Dude Where's My Car for me.

Joe Rogan is even worse. When he's not making people eat bugs, he's picking fights with college students on MySpace.

The saddest case might be Dave Foley, who playd Dave Nelson, because like Tony Danza he can only play people who have the same first name as him. He clings to show business as the host of Celebrity Poker on Bravo. He even admits how far he's fallen -- when Maura Tierney played poker on the show he asked the audience "Isn't it hard to believe that I used to be more famous than her?"

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing Rogan beat out Ray Romano for that role - otherwise you'd be the only person in the world who didn't love Raymond.

Also, I request a naturalbl0g entry on actors who only play characters with the same names as them, a la Dave and Tony.

March 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Joe Rogan also hosts Ultimate Fighting.

I've always wanted some battered and bruised fighter to respond to Joe's question's with "well Guy From News Radio...I started punching him in the face...."

March 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen Root (Jimmy James: Capitalist Lion Tamer) is doing OK for himself, with a recurring role on The West Wing as well as whatever else he's been up to since NewsRadio. John Lovitz's career had already bombed by the time he replaced the dearly departed Phil Hartman.

The real question is, did Khandi Alexander die? What the hell happened to her??

March 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Khandi is alive and well, if only you would watch prime-time television, Mr. Bare.

Where the hell have you been Mondays from 10-11 p.m.?

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami/bios/index.php?cast_member=khandi

March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home