Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Guys Week: A cigar is a smoke

Today on Guys Week on the NaturalBlog, brought to you by Axe Body Spray: Cigars.

The first time I had a cigar I felt like I was joining a secret society. I was about 19, and my boss at the evil conglomerate (His name was Earl) bought two H. Upmanns for us to have one day after the work. A side bonus of the experience was my first trip to a liquor store, where we picked up a half bottle of brandy, to supplement the smokes.

Earl showed me how to cut, light up, ash, and dip properly into a brandy snifter. It was fantastic.

The smoke itself I could take or leave, as well as the the taste that lingers the next 36 hours or so. But the experience is unparalleled. There's something about a cigar that makes you contemplative, willing to discuss the weighty issues of our time, like a salary cap in baseball or an idea for a novel.

And if you're planning to buy ol' Natty B. a gift, you should know my tastes have migrated from Upmanns to The Griffins. I have a box of robustos I got for my birthday, but they are quickly running out due to the nice weather.

Tomorrow on Guys Week, brought to you by Axe Body Spray: The importance of playing pool.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

May 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The smoke itself I could take or leave, as well as the the taste that lingers the next 36 hours or so...

I think that is why I DON'T do it. GROSS.

May 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Groucho Marx said to a female contestant on You Bet Your Life who had 11 children.."I like my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while"

May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home