Monday, March 12, 2007

Dark age

There are a lot of shiny, happy people rejoicing about this year's earlier start to Daylight Saving Time, but I'm not one of them.

Thanks to Congressional busybody Ed Markey (Dumb-Mass.), the sun didn't rise until 7:02 a.m. today. And if you know the Natural Blog's early hours, then you know that means I toiled more than half my workday before sunrise. I've gone from a ridiculously early morning shift to just a run-of-the-mill overnight shift. Great.

Ed Markey, what was so wrong with not starting DST until the end of the month, like we used to? And don't give me that b.s. about how you want people to be happy. Your consituents live in Massachusetts and you know as well as I do that they're only happy when they're sad.

I'm ticked, so I'm moving to your district to vote against you, if I could only figure out which towns it is that you represent. Can someone clue me in on that?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't please everyone in a dumbocracy.

March 12, 2007  
Blogger Rachel said...

Maybe you should get a new job. Or nightvision goggles.

March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wait a minute... you are complaining about DST being 3 weeks earlier... complaining = unhappy... Mass residents are only happy when they are unhappy.... so you are happy about DST?

This southern boy is so confused. I'm blaming it on lack of sleep.

March 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home