Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Retro Week: Saved by the Bell is totally what high school will be like

Today's installment of Retro Week on the NaturalBlog peers back to the glorious period from 1989-1993, when Mr. Belding ruled not only the halls of Bayside High but also the television airwaves. I try to reconstruct here what I might've said had I been blogging back then.

I've been a little worried about what high school will be like in a couple years. Even I can admit I'm not the coolest kid around, which is why I'm glad to have gotten a sneak peak into the future courtesy of Saved by the Bell. It's billed as a comedy, but I think of it more as a gripping docudrama about the struggles of six typical high schoolers.

It's so comforting to know that by the time I get to high school, all these divisions among the preps, the jocks, the geeks, the nerds, the rich, and the cheerleaders will have finally melted away. Mark my words, high school will be a veritable Shangri La.

I can only hope that sometime between now and then I'll figure out how to pause time like Zack Morris is always doing. After all, he's the SbtB character with whom I most closely identify, so it only makes sense that I'll end up like him.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug Shugarts said...

N-B is the only 12-year-old who would use the phrase, "veritable Shangri La."

March 28, 2007  
Blogger NaturalBlog said...

If James Hilton's Lost Horizon wasn't on your eighth grade reading list, you should've gone to school in N. Carolina (46 of 50).

March 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home