Wednesday, March 14, 2007

NaturalBlog News Update

I served with Joe Quimby. I knew Joe Quimby. Joe Quimby was a friend of mine. Sir, you're no Joe Quimby. With the pending release of the new movie featuring the Simpsons, all the Springfields in the U.S. are in competition to host the film's opening. It's funny because the cartoon has never said where the Simpsons' Springfield is. Though I've often suspected Springfield, MA -- what with its inept government, burning tire yard, and sizable population of bumble bee men.

At least 50% of the first daughters can read. Did you see that first daughter Jenna Bush is writing a book? It's aimed at young people and tells the story of a pregnant teen in Panama who has HIV. I'll admit that I'm impressed, though I still think I like her twin sister Barbara better. And since we're on the topic of first daughters, it occurs to me that Chelsea Clinton has never written a book. Get on that, Chelsea, or risk losing your status as my favorite first daughter ever.

Sheer awesomeness. I know it's only March, but I think I may have found Time Magazine's person of the year. A recent college grad apparently missed the good old days of college, so he built a mini-fridge that would toss him beer from across the room. Check it out. This idea is so good, I'll give him a pass for having gone to Duke.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't Jenna photographed on a beach removing her underwear and showing the whole world her ... well ... Bush?

March 14, 2007  
Blogger sileru said...

NO! There is never a good reason to allow a "pass" for having gone to (or rooting for) Duke. No matter how good the idea.

I protest!

March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey NB, do you remember that time in college when we got drunk, climbed the Murderhorn and then went to the Backetball Hall of Fame? Those were heady days.

March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home