Thursday, May 24, 2007

Um, yeah. That one was my bad.

After giving up a home run to the first batter he faced this season, Red Sox reliever Hideki Okajima was pretty much untouchable. He went 19 straight apperances without allowing a run, picking up two saves in the process.

So what did I do? I totally jinxed him by adding him to my fantasy baseball team. It took less than 24 hours for his scoreless inning streak to end.

To drive this point home, here's his line before I acquired him:
21.1 IP, 1 ER, 24 K, 4 BB, 0.42 ERA.
And after:
1 IP, 1 ER, 0 K, 2 BB, 9.00 ERA.
Sorry, Hideki.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bastard!

May 24, 2007  
Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

God(zilla) damn you! Now you can make up for it by drafting the entire New York Yankees.

May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home