Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rock Paper Scissors: What might have been

A couple months back I went to one of my local bars because I saw they were having a rock, paper, scissors tournament, with the winner advancing possibly to a national competition in Las Vegas. I excel at non-aerobic competition, so I figured I was a shoo-in for victory. Unfortunately, the tourney's coordinator never showed, and I was stuck with my hands in my pockets.

So you can imagine how bittersweet it is for me to see that the world has crowned its rock, paper, scissors champion, a Texas nurse.

The winner got $50,000, by the way. Which is an impressive feat for winning a kids game. I wonder what strategy was employed in the final round: The avalanche (three straight rocks), or maybe the bureaucrat (three straight papers). I would've gone with play known as the denoument (rock, scissors, paper).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

I actually consider myself to be a pretty good RPS player. Next time, its on!

May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home