Thursday, June 14, 2007

NaturalBlog News Update: Too good to be true edition

Thanks to my well-read regulars who sent in these news items.

I thought dropping the gay bomb meant something else entirely. Back in the early 1990s, right around the time Bill Clinton and his right-wing cronies enacted the don't ask-don't tell policy, the military flirted with building a "gay bomb" that would turn enemy troops homosexual. According a BBC report, it would strike a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale. Also discarded: The plan to make a bomb that would make soldiers fart. I'm not making this up.

I always knew Seymour's daughter would end up in trouble. A woman in Iowa is facing a few years in prison for allegedly stealing toilet paper from a courthouse. I can't imagine it was two-ply, so I have no idea what her motive was. The woman's name was Suzanne Butts. I'm not making this up.

Apocalypse Soon. The Rev. Jerry Falwell once told me that God is expressing his anger at liberals by turning lobsters all colors of the rainbow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Dangerfield said...

Seymour actually has a cousin, no joke: Philmore.

June 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home