Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Well that wasn't what I expected at all

I'd heard a couple songs from Amy Winehouse, and Mrs. N-B even downloaded her album with the big hit "Rehab" on it. But no amount of listening could've prepared me for seeing a picture of her.

Her voice is so big and sultry that I had it in my head she would look like Shirley Bassey, whose searing vocals make the Goldfinger song my favorite James Bond theme.

Here's a picture of Shirley Bassey so you could see what I was expecting.


So you can imagine my surprise when I saw what Winehouse looks like.


She's like a rooster on heroin. In the words of one of the celebrity blogs that I admit to reading: If I saw her walking in my yard at night I'd skip the warning shot because I'd assume she wanted to eat my brain.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian Dangerfield said...

I as well fell for this clever ruse....expected a portly negress, found an emaciated limette. No wonder they lost their empire.

As for the song, it reminds me of Camden Yards: a thoroughly competent attempt at replica, but a mere replica nonetheless. I'll stick with Holyfield Motown.

July 31, 2007  
Blogger Cedar said...

This isn't always what she's looked like

http://www.mp3-easy.com/images/Nov_06/amy_winehouse_rehab.jpg

http://www.hairpedia.com/events/ellestyleawards2007/img/2007-ELLE-Style-Awards-Amy-Winehouse.jpg

August 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home