Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Friends are breaking down my door


So I've eclipsed the 1,000 MB-mark of storage on my gmail. I started using gmail as my primary email in June 2004, about 1,000 days ago, which means I send and recieve about 1 MB of mail a day. A lot of that is skewed by audio files and pictures, but the point stands.

One megabyte a day of email is 15,000 times the total storage capacity of my friend's C-64 that I coveted so much when I was a kid. I think that's kind of awing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh.

I remember my first computer, a Texas Instruments something-or-other that could save programs and files only to an external cassette recorder.

That was before the Apple IIe, which was my second computer, and had an unheard-of 64k of internal memory! And 5" floppy disks!! And a monitor that displayed green text!!

I thought I was King F*cking Kong when I typed book reports and printed them to a sleek little dot-matrix printer!

I miss 1983.

August 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww.

August 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home