Thursday, November 29, 2007

Jobs I Wouldn't Mind, Vol. IV

It's been more than a year since I've written a new installment in my (very) occasional series Jobs I Wouldn't Mind, but I'm back today and better than ever.

What profession has caught my fancy today? Reclusive billionaire.

This is the sort of job I could really get used to. There's little pressure to interact socially. Indulging odd and unusual hobbies isn't frowned upon, but encouraged. Personal hygeine is suddenly not very important.

Sure there are drawbacks. I might grow tired of spending years at a time on board my yacht, or holed up in my Sun Valley mansion, or my hot air balloon. But if I got bored, I would just buy an island, or maybe a newspaper chain.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug Shugarts said...

I always wanted to be the guy who helped 7 of 9 into her space suit.

November 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have read Howard Hughes' biography recently. Just think of where it got him .Eccentric and in a box .

November 29, 2007  
Blogger Cedar said...

I'm not sure he's a millionaire (as he did reject all attempts at merchandizing), but this is my favorite recluse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Watterson#Retirement

Although he apparently did come out of his exile long enough to give a good word for this new comic strip

http://www.gocomics.com/culdesac/?ref=ql_cmcs

November 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home