Friday, December 28, 2007

This is what I play for



Fire up the duck boats -- I have brought home a championship in just my third year of fantasy football. I squeaked by a fearsome opponent whose team was named after a pair of tiny dogs to lock up first place last weekend.

In past years, all of the decisions I made for my roster seemed to go the wrong way, but this year I had the Midas Touch down the stretch -- 11 straight victories, including a pair of playoff wins that avenged regular season losses.

I'd like to think I had something to do with it, but to be honest I owe most of my success to Clinton Portis, and the fact that Reggie Bush got hurt, thus allowing Aaron Stecker to go nuts the last three weeks of the season.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

I have no comment.

December 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...I talked to my dad...and he said he'd help pay for another trip to Boston for the Dave Shaw victory parade. Get ready for a random email at 11pm - then a text message at 5am from the airport. My flight leaves at 6am, I land at 11, meet you at the bar that won't be open yet (yet...somehow you're inside), and then we'll drink heavily and attempt to go bowling. Tell Biff to be ready.

December 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more thing...

snqwule

December 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame Kim Kardashian for the Reggie Bush injury.

December 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, sir! Do you think "some guy" and I will be able to find knock-off "2007 Dave Shaw World Champion" tee shirts?

January 01, 2008  
Blogger NaturalBlog said...

Two-plus years of fastidious work to keep my blog totally anonymous ruined in one comment string.

January 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home