Friday, December 14, 2007

McNamee names names

George Mitchell's report on illegal drug use in baseball leaves me thinking, "So now what?" After 20 months and $20 million, all we get is two trainers flipped by federal prosecutors and footnotes that cite Jose Canseco's book? I think I could've put together the same report using Lexis-Nexis and my own imagination.

I'd been dreading that members of the 2004 Red Sox would be on Mitchell's naughty list, so I'm pretty relieved that Nomar, Nixon, and 'Tek were nowhere to be found. Even so, I don't think Mitchell's report is complete, nor do I think all the guys mentioned actually used steroids or HGH or whatever else.

Sadly, this is a situation where I root for no one, not the players union, not the team owners, and certainly not Bud Selig.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo you SHOULD have used...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/roger-clemens-took-it-in-the-butt-headline-trentonian-15035.php

December 14, 2007  
Blogger sileru said...

Although I have left said area, and was essentially a passing fan (love the underdog status and ability to get tickets at game time on the cheap!), my big question was "with so many Orioles on 'the juice', why couldn't they even put together a winning season, let alone a divisional championship?!"

December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home