Monday, January 28, 2008

How can you miss me if I don't go away?

The NaturalBlog is back from beautiful Barcelona. I'll resume the blog's trademark observational wit by offering a few thoughts about international travel and Spain.

Barcelona has a church that's been under construction since 1882 (pictured). That 125-year timetable makes me feel better about the Big Dig.

Why is it that cabs and cop cars look the same in every country? In Spain, they're both tiny. The biggest car we saw there was a Pathfinder.

This past week was the first time that I was lucky enough to have someone try to communicate with me in another language (Catalan in this case) simply by speaking loudly. The person in question was a cabbie. I couldn't understand what he asked, but I used context clues to tell him that we wanted the Delta terminal.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber Bollman said...

We definitely missed you! I hope you and Ms. N-B had a lovely time!

January 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you all the time, so this was nothing too traumatic. Hope you had a great trip. Maybe you can tell me all about while you are up here skiing ?! Waiting with baited breath.........

January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home