Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sad Peyton Redux

If there's one thing I love, it's writing about Sad Peyton. But judging by yesterday's comments, my occasional series chronicling Peyton Manning's losses touches a nerve among some readers who think I'm being unfair because I don't criticize Tom Brady.

To be honest, there are a lot fewer opportunities to post "Sam Tom" pictures, since he's only lost twice in the postseason in his career, compared to Peyton's seven. (Perspective: Remember you can only lose in the postseason once a year.) As for making fun of Peyton's ads, there's nothing I can do because those jokes write themselves.

But if you think I haven't made fun of Tom Brady, well then you just haven't been paying close enough attention.

I've made jokes about Brady's ads (Feb. 9, 2006), Brady's lack of protection in the pocket (Feb. 18, 2007), Brady's wardrobe (May 3, 2007), and even Brady's physique (Jan. 3, 2008).

I've posted pictures of him holding a goat not once but twice. And once I even called his first Super Bowl run a fluke.

There are my bona fides. Here is my Sad Peyton panoply:

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Especially love the "sad Peyton" from his days as a Vol. If that's from his last bowl game (and I think it is), I am very happy to say that the 1997 NATIONAL CHAMPION HUSKERS were the cause of his long face (well, that and genes).

What could have possibly made Peyton sadder? The fact that Tennessee won the National Championship the following year. Without him.

Muwahahaha.

January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to go on record that I have no problem with "Sad Peyton"...I just knew it was coming.

xtitiky

January 15, 2008  
Blogger nate said...

having been a late comer to the NB, I don't understand how the Peyton with the phone and mustache made it into your collage. brady has the personality of a meat popsicle.

not to mention, this might be the greatest commercial ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8cKN-RxXc

January 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home