Monday, January 14, 2008

Don't hate the player...

The (Stay Classy) San Diego Chargers have beaten the Indianapolis Colts three straight times now, giving me a plethora of Sad Peytons. Here's a nice one from yesterday's playoff loss:


Of course, my happiness over Sad Peyton was tinged by my sadness over Happy Eli, who somehow someway not only covered the spread but actually beat the Cowboys in Dallas.

For those of you out there who don't delight in Manning failure as much as I do, I challenge you to witness their latest ad campaign and still root for them. No reasonable person can visit that web site and not wish them to lose.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Romo would have been worth it for a double-whammy of sad Mannings.

I guess we'll just have to wait until next week for another sad Manning. Until then, I'm blaming it all on Jessica Simpson.

January 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a childhood fan of Coach Laundry and the dignified Cowboys, I support the future bloggings of “sad Romo”!! It would replace my former cries of “make Aikman cry!” after the team was filled with arrogant players and owner.

While the Manning website is both ridiculous and odd, I think in all fairness you should devote a blog to some of Brady’s former shilling efforts. I think the one for Ford and breast cancer research where he wore a sleeveless t-shirt and bandana would make for a nice posting. I also think the new ones, with Stetson and Smartwater would be interesting. I think he was going for the “sensitive” Marlboro man, or something similarly contrived and purposeful. I am all for pro players getting endorsements, but couldn’t Brady get some like the previous watch ads or milk campaign (and didn’t he do one of the Cambell’s soup commercials?!).

If you are going to pick on the Manning’s (reaching beyond just Payton now), I think you should balance it with a bit of fun towards some of Mr. Brady’s exploits.  Being the honest newsman you are.

January 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have bet every dollar I had that today's NB would have a picture of "Sad Peyton" on it.

And I would have been right.

xfvroamc

January 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you post a "sad Tom" picture if they do not win it all this year?

January 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That commercial made me throw up in my mouth. I always thought nothing could ruin Oreos, (especially double stuf!!) then this comes along. Manning tongue is disgusting.

January 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home