Wednesday, January 02, 2008

In a bubble

Wouldn't it be funny if there were a way to see what song someone had in their head, just by looking at them? I think somebody should be working on this Thought Bubble Technology (tm).

In case such a scientist is reading, I'll go ahead and say that I'd like artist and album information, as well as any mistaken lyrics highlighted.

Speaking of mistaken lyrics, I have for years thought the Steely Dan song "Kid Charlemange" contained the line "Did you realize/That you were Italian in their eyes" when in fact it's "a champion in their eyes."

I realized this after Kanye West sampled Steely Dan in a song called, not coincidentally, "Champion."

Oddly, Steely Dan's "Kid Charlemagne" has another misheard line about Italians: "dayglow freaks," which I thought was "Deigo freaks." In "Champion" Kanye says "I shop so much I can speak Italian." That's a lot of coincidences.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Shugarts said...

Where many of our colleagues are concerned, the records in their heads are skipping.

January 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home