Friday, May 09, 2008

Prophetic, it seems

On this, Candice Bergen's 62nd birthday, I am going to give a shout-out to actor Grant Shaud, who played her frazzled executive producer Miles Silverberg on Murphy Brown from 1988-1998.

Back in the early 1990s, my 7th-grade classmates joked that I was a little bit like Miles. Close, but no cigar.

He's was in TV; I'm in some other medium. He went to Harvard; I went to some other Massachusetts school. One thing they did get right: The glasses.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna buy you an industrial-sized bottle of Pepto-Bismol, just like Miles used to keep in his desk.

May 09, 2008  
Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

You're Miles ahead of that guy, Dave.

May 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, is that you or Miles... I cannot tell

May 09, 2008  
Blogger Lucie said...

You are both funnier and better looking than Miles. Unfortunately, I doubt any of your coworkers looks like Candace Bergen. He has you there.

May 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home