Monday, June 30, 2008

Tony Stewart was Robbed!

I just got back from a NASCAR race, and boy are my ears tired.


The Lenox Industrial Tools 301 at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway was pretty amazing. It's hard to sum up, so I'll try to break it down by sense.
  • Sight. This one goes to the fans. I saw some real local color in New Hampshire, and by local color I mean rednecks.
  • Sound. The noise of 43 NASCAR engines accelerating out of a turn is sort of like a swarm of bees where the bees are powered by airplane engines.
  • Touch. A toughie. I'll go with the feel of buckets and buckets of rain, which led to a shortened race.
  • Smell. It was as though I was wearing gasoline-inspired cologne. (Even given oil prices, this cologne would still be cheaper than Polo.)
  • Taste. Hops and barley are more clear on the palate when you have them for breakfast.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw some real local color in New Hampshire, and by local color I mean rednecks.

What? Did you take a hand mirror?

June 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NaturalBl0g, you ought to be used to rednecks, you lived in the South your whole life, pre-college.

July 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home