Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I demand what I was promised

Among the many promises that former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney failed to deliver was when he warned in 2004 that Massachusetts would become the "Las Vegas of same-sex marriage" thanks to the state supreme court's legalization of gay marriage.

When he uttered this line to The New York Times, my ears perked up and I saw dollar signs. If we were to become the Las Vegas of gay marriage, I could finally dust off my Elvis jumpsuit and open the drive-through wedding chapel I've always had my heart set on.

I'm happy to report the full promise of the glitz and glamour of gay Las Vegas may finally be coming this way, four years hence, thanks to new efforts to make out-of-state gay couples welcome in Massachusetts.

Tell me, why does this wedge issue emerge like clockwork every presidential election year?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home