Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cats and dogs, living together!

Mass Hysteria!

If you'd've told me in April that the Red Sox would have a 6.5-game lead on the Yankees in late August, I would have said something like:
Awesome. Let's rest Big Papi, set up the rotation for the post-season, and remind me to take Oct. 29th off for the World Series parade.
My enthusiasm would be considerably tempered if you finished your thought by telling me the Sox would trail the Tampa Bay Rays by 4.5 games.

Four-and-a-half games behind the Rays? In August? What is going on here.

To give you some idea of the great sea change that has happened, I was out at a bar Saturday and I said to a friend "I know the Sox won, but how did the Rays do?"

"How did the Rays do?"

My whole world is spinning. The only thing keeping my head on straight is my appreciation of this awesome feat at Wrigley Field:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am decidedly kind of in love with that ball-catching beer drinker.

August 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home