Monday, August 18, 2008

Non-Olympic News Roundup

I know this blog has been kind of hooked on the Olympics lately. You should see how much I've written about it for some other blog, too. Today I'll take a little break and give you some news of the strange.

Coffee makes you perky. There's a flap in Bremerton, Wash., over an espresso stand where the baristas are topless. Well, they wear pasties, so I guess they're not technically topless. The coffee shop's owner has been branded a "purveyor of smut" by a city official. Talk about bitter. I've been unable to find a review of how the coffee tastes.

This was a sub-plot on Family Guy. A 20-year-old man who can only be described as a fool for fuel broke into a California airport and filled his gas tank with aviation gasoline. He was arrested on theft and drunk driving charges. I wonder if he tried to drink the stuff, too.

It's like the opposite of that Beach Boys song. The mayor of Mount Isa in Australia's Outback wants to import some ugly women to his town. "May I suggest if there are five blokes to every girl, we should find out where there are beauty-disadvantaged women and ask them to proceed to Mount Isa," the mayor said. It's sort of unclear why he wouldn't want to import attractive women.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cedar said...

When I was a barista I would be covered in coffee, steamed milk spray, and flavorings by the end of the day. It seems like a bad job to try to do in a bikini. Even at Starbucks they give you an apron. It seems to me that that would be the issue rather than "smut."

August 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

late to the game, but as the old song goes, 'if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, don't make a pretty woman your wife. get an ugly girl to marry you.'

August 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home