Monday, October 20, 2008

And we're back

After nearly a month off, I was ready to write an obit for the NaturalBlog. Seriously. I always imagined it would end as suddenly and unceremoniously as it began. I thought I had run out of things to say.

But then this morning, I found the motivation to keep blogging -- the new biography by Maureen McCormick (TV's Marcia Brady) in which she cops to having two abortions, doing coke, and trading sex for drugs.

The awesomeness of these claims cannot be understated. But the shame of it all is that when Marcia Brady was giving it away ("In 1980 a boyfriend and I graduated to freebasing coke.... All I wanted to do afterward was have sex."), I was two, about a generation too young for her taste.

McCormick bottomed out, found God ("I saw two hands reaching down. It was Jesus. As crazy as it sounds, I new it was Him. I burst into tears."), and got married -- all before I was in the second grade.

Perhaps our love was never meant to be, so I will have to take solace in the other bombshell contained her book. That her TV sister Eve Plumb, who played Jan, "farted all the time."

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's hard to believe, but I do not yet own this book. The gas revelation alone makes it worthwhile, although why couldn't it have been that asshole Barry Williams? I'm running to Borders at lunch today, I think.

October 20, 2008  
Blogger Lucie said...

Welcome back! I missed you.....

How about a new installment of You Are The Decider? Rip Van Winkle and Caribou Barbie against That One and the original Joe Six Pack. What's not to say ?

October 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAAAY! SO HAPPY NB IS BACK!!!!!!!

October 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back ! You should be well rested .

October 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's about time!!! The blogosphere has been an empty place without Natty-B

October 20, 2008  
Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

Let me be the last to say -- a day late and, considering the economy, not even a dollar short -- welcome back. I missed you. I guess my aim is bad. Just kidding! It's good to be getting the Natural Blog again. Mornings were so unnatural without it.

October 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home