Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I've changed, man


Those who've known my sedentary since my days at Big University (BU) will be shocked -- shocked! -- to learn that I joined a gym about a month ago. My attendance record is still a little spotty, but so far so good.

I'm writing about this because I wanted to describe the emasculating feeling of lowering the weight on the machines that work your pectoral and deltoid muscles. I shudder when I have to lower one of those contraptions from, oh I don't know, 230 lbs. down to a more reasonable 85. Ouch.

While I'm on the subject, I'll ask another question that's been confusing me: What's with those super muscular dudes who just wander around the gym without working out? How did they get so strong if all they do is talk to the pretty trainers?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

even worse - having to do that after a GIRL has used the machine. There is nothing worse that pulling that pin out and having to make it about 15 plates lighter after Suzy Soccermom finishes her reps. I've suffered through that many times.

But now I'm huge and I bench press the girls.

And yes - I used the word "reps". I use workout words.

dvjxkp

October 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those supermuscular dudes who just wander around the gym may have a hormone stimulation when they are talking or watching the girls . If that is what is working for them , try it ! It's a lot less strenuous and you will look good .

October 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home