Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This song's popularity if unbelievable


Strange as it may seem, I don't listen to the radio very often. Probably only a couple hours a month.

Yet somehow, I manage to hear the Primitive Radio Gods' 1996 hit Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth with Money in My Hand at least once a week. I'm just baffled by the continued popularity of this song 12 long years after it peaked at No. 7 on the Top 40 charts.

I'd love it if someone could shed some light on how this song remains in such heavy rotation, while the much more deserving songs, like EMF's 1991 No. 1 "Unbelievable" for example, go largely unplayed.

Maybe if we can make a list of these songs that continue to get airtime well after their due, we can find the similarities and determine why they remain popular.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home