Friday, December 05, 2008

Inside a blogger's mind

Since most of my city is under construction, I see big yellow Caterpillar equipment everywhere I go. And since I sometimes come and go in the middle of the night, I get to see these majestic beasts at rest. Lately, maybe due to extreme mental fatigue, I've been imagining that backhoes, front-loaders, and cranes are modern day dinosaurs.

Take a look at what I'm talking about.

With its long reach, this crane is clearly the big apatosaurus. The apatosaurus was previously known as the brontosaurus. I don't think construction cranes ever went by another name.




Here's an adorable stegosaurus and a decidedly less-adorable front-loader. Both are slow moving but somehow likable to me.




Do you think it would make a good kids book or maybe movie -- trucks that become dinosaurs at night? The marketing possibilities are endless.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Zezima said...

When not in operation, would they be Jurassic parked?

December 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to remember Fred Flintsone operating a 1963BC Brontosaurus crane down at Slate Quarry in the opening credits of his long-running TV show. I always loved how he slid down the tail at quitting time. Yabba Dabba Doo!

December 05, 2008  
Blogger Sebastian Dangerfield said...

"Grimlock hungry."

December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home